Saturday, May 19, 2012

Couch Potato to 5k - The Healthy Part of the TV-Free Challenge

Giving up TV isn't just about not watching TV, it's about getting me off the couch.

A friend told me about Couch Potato to 5K. In 2 months, they'll have a couch potato running 3 miles. Sounds like a great adventure to me! I envy all the runners out there, though it's always caused me terrible pain to run. Let's see how it works when I do it the right way - preparing my joints and conditioning my body for the rigors of running slowly, rather than jumping into it with both feet and regretting it like crazy the next day.

If you have any interest in joining me in the Couch Potato to 5k Initiative, here's the link!

http://www.coolrunning.com/engine/2/2_3/181.shtml

2 comments:

  1. Notice I haven't gotten around to this yet? The gardening is keeping me occupied and exercised. For now.......

    ReplyDelete